Reiki Course - 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Mater Level in Rishikesh Yoga School
A word from Japanese Language, meaning universal life force energy. “Rei” means universal and “ki” means life force energy. We all come into this world with this Universal force. The most supreme power in the world.
History of Reiki
Dr. Mikao Ushue established Reiki at the end of the 19th century. A principal of a Christian University in Japan, his students asked him, whether he believed in the Bible. The doctor said yes. Students than quoted a text from the bible, where Jesus made the sick well just through his touch. They asked the doctor, whether he believed in such power. The doctor was not sure, how such a thing was possible.
This resulted in Dr. Ushue, resigning from the University so that he can focus on finding the “Life-force”. He decided to move to U.S.A to work in the religious studies department of Chicago University. He tried finding the life-force but his results were unsuccessful. However, he came to know that monks in the Buddhist religion, practiced something similar to life-force. So, Dr. Ushue decided to return to Japan.
Back at his home country, the doctor researched with Buddhist monasteries, but once again had to face failure. He again decided to move and this time to China. He learned Chinese language, practice, and customs but no life-force.
He decided to move to India, where he learned about the culture and traditions of the people. He also learned Sanskrit Mantras. After this long journey, he decided to return to his home country, Japan. With the help of his knowledge of Sanskrit Mantras, he was able to prepare himself for a 21-day practice. Finally a success.
For his practice, Dr. Ushue chooses Kuriyama Mountain in Kyoto. At the top of the mountain, he prayed for 20 days but the result was negative. On the 21st day, upon opening his eyes, he realized that a single ray penetrated deeply into his presence. He felt scared, feeling like he was dying. This resulted in doctor fainting…lying still on the ground. He saw many colors right before his eyes. The doctor felt like the life force of Reiki sparking inside of him.
After a few hours, he woke up, feeling different…supreme, elated and powerful. Finally a success!
In excitement, the doctor ran down the mountain, resulting in him tripping on a loose stone, which split his toe. Blood came out. The doctor touched his wound, trying to use his new power. After a few moments, the blood didn’t only stop but the wound also healed.
When the doctor reached the town, he was starving. An older man on the street recognized the doctor as a holy man, so decided to offer the doctor a bowl of soup or a glass of juice but the doctor refused the offer on the ground that he was fine.
In the restaurant of that old man, his daughter was experiencing a lot of tooth pain. Approaching towards her, the doctor as a test for his success applied Reiki treatment on the girl’s cheek and this reduced her pain. The doctor was happy. After 15 years, and 21 days of practice, finally he understands a bit about Reiki.
At the beginning of the 20th century, the doctor decided to take a student under his wing. The name of the student was Chujiro Hayashi, who was an ex-Navy serviceman. Hayashi received the complete training of Reiki from Dr. Ushue. The idea behind taking in a student was that Dr. Ushue wanted to hand over the responsibility of his research and new school of Reiki to Hayashi. Chujiro, who became a doctor himself, furthered Ushue’s theory on the idea that Reiki can solve the disease at its root cause.
In the year of 1935, a Japanese-American woman, name Takata Hawayo was having some disorders because of the death of her husband. The problem was so bad, the doctors advised her to return to Japan, her home country for treatment. Hawayo decided to return to Japan. While she was preparing herself for the treatment in the hospital, Hayashi came across, a passing pamphlet for his clinic, Dr. Hayashi’s Reiki clinic. Takata, after reading the pamphlet, decided to visit the clinic. After receiving treatments from Dr. Hayashi, Takata felt healthy again. After her recovery, Takata decided to learn the art of Reiki so that she can treat and teach others around the globe.
1. Muladhara chakra is located at the base of the spine it creates kundalini energy which awakens our inner power and helps to take away our fear, gives us self-confidence. It synchronizes with our adrenal gland kidneys and uterus, It is helpful in case of diseases related to feet, thighs, and hips.
2. Swadhisthana chakra is located 2-3 inches below the navel. It helps with sex problems, self-confidence, emotional energy for work fertility, virus problem.
3. Located just above the navel, the Manipura Chakra helps with things like stress depression, joint pain, constipation migraine, heart problems.
4. The Anahata chakra is located at the center of the chest. It affects things like love and emotions, the spiritual mind, kindness, helps you accept responsibility, patience. It affects things like the thymus gland, heart, blood lungs, anemia, blood pressure.
5. The Vishuddha chakra is located in the middle of the throat. It helps with confidence emotional power. It affects things like the thyroid gland, voice, jaw, and diseases related to the lungs.
6. The Ajna chakra is located between the eyes on the forehead. It’s located to willpower intuition. It’s related to the pituitary gland, problems with nervous system and mind control, diseases related to hormones, headache, sinus, eyes, and ears.
7. The Sahasrara chakra is located at the crown of the head. It’s related to spiritual power, the pineal gland, depression, and willpower.
Instruction before the Treatment
1. Minimum 3-4 times, give Reiki to the patient. Then Reiki will start to be effective.
2. For Reiki treatment, the atmosphere must is peaceful, Restful and comfortable for the patient.
3. The patient should wear comfortable clothing and should not wear glasses, jewelry or shoes.
4. The patient should recline on his/her back with a pillow under his/her head & knees.
5. It is important that the patients legs me outright in a straight position, not crossed or bent.
6. For first time patients, remind them that some patients do not feel well offer their first treatment. This is normal. The treatment will better offer 3-4 treatments.
7. Before applying Reiki treatment, it is compulsory that the teacher washes his/her hands with soap.
8. Be sure your (the teacher’s) fingers are always straight and together, not splayed apart. (correct form)
9. Leave only for emergencies. Otherwise, Reiki is always applied to the full body.
Just for today,
I will Live the attitude of gratitude
Just of today,
I will not worry
Just of today,
I will not be angry
Just of today,
I will do my work honestly
Just of today,
I will shine love & respect to all.
Synopsis of Reiki
Reiki is a simple truth the force of Reiki lies in human touch-to-touch and then (untouched), this is the beginning and end of Reiki. Reiki never leads us astray Rather it always gives us direction. Those who take (learn, even once) Reiki with them, Reiki will always stay with them.